Friday, August 12, 2011

Hang with me fellow Bloggers!

As some of you know, I recently got engaged and my fiance is leaving for Italy on Monday! He'll be gone for four months before returning in December for our wedding. To those of you who have asked, yes, I will be wearing mismatch socks on my wedding day.

Due to the hectic wedding planning and traveling, this blog has definitely been put on the back burner. I am completely guilty of spending my days talking myself out of psychopathic bridezilla meltdowns, instead of focusing on teaching the world how to avoid hitting themselves in the face on a snatch.

Give me another week to gather my marbles that I have clearly lost. I'll come back with THE blog post of a lifetime! Write in the comments section about what you want to learn with the olympic lifts.

So far I have had people ask:

"How do I get faster"?
"How can I fix the fact that I don't move my feet when I snatch and clean"?
"How do I improve my wrist flexibility for the rack position on the jerk"?

Until then, let me leave you with this:
When you are at the top of your jumping/extending/finishing position, do not let the barbell pull your body forward into a completely vertical line. Make sure your shoulders are behind the bar at the top. Not only will this eliminate any chances of you needing plastic surgery on your face, it will also allow the barbell to travel straight UP and BACK behind your ears for a smooth and snappy turnover.

Be here:



Not here:



2 comments:

  1. congratulations!!! happy wedding planning . hope you have lots of babies! i have 4 of my own. sometimes i wish i would've learned oly lifting before the 4, but, really wouldn't have it any other way.
    thanks for your blog.
    ditto on the #3 question. i dn't have a prob. with flexibility for i know many who do. and i recommend stretching, but, if you have any lengthy thoughts on the subject- great!

    ReplyDelete